Saturday, August 29, 2015

You Can't Change The Stripes On A Tiger

The Epiphany 

I just realized,
how much has changed.
In the last year,
I lost a lot of people.
I lost a lot of my friendships, 
and the people who say,
"I'll always be here for you"
ended up leaving. 

People really do change in a way,
but I've recently learned to accept you can't change
who they truly are, even if you want to.
You can't change the stripes on a tiger. 
I guess that is just how life works.

Maybe it's why something inside,
is hurting me-
That's why i need cigarettes,
or a drink,
or music turned up so loud,
I can't fucking think. 

And I can no longer sleep well,
not without seeing that face,
or hearing that name,
or waking to crying, screaming pain.
That's why I stare at the ceiling,
for hours on end, in the dark,
just wishing to go back and change time,
but I can't.

Nothing will ever be right again, 
I know that now...

No comments:

Post a Comment